Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Motionless In White Shout-Out!!!



Motionless In White is a Post-Hardcore/Grindcore/Punk/Alternative/Electronica band that consists of 6 very shady band members. A Lead singer, 2 guitar players, a bass player, drummer, and a keyboards/synths player. Their most popular and recent EP "When Love Met Destruction" has some very unique songs with very disturbing lyrics. And if you are fans of; A Day To Remember, The Devil Wears Prada, We Came As Romans, A Girl A Gun A Ghost, HIM, I Set My Friends On Fire, In Fear And Faith, Isles & Glaciers, Iwrestledabearonce, Of Mice & Men, A Skylit Drive, Slipknot, The Word Alive, and Bring Me The Horizon, then you'll like this band.

Their top songs are; To Keep From Getting Burned, Ghost In The Mirror, The Seventh Circle, and, Whatever You Do Don't Push The Big Red Button. I know there are a lot of bands out there with weird song names and they are about some creepy unusual death/dying/decaying disgusting stuff, -- but this band takes the Gold. For example; Some lyrics from "...The Big Red Button" are; "This will be, our little, sweet 666. Be still my love for we cannot be scene." and, "I bet I f***ed more dead girls than you." Also, from "Ghost In The Mirror"; "Can your heart still brake if it's already stopped beating." and "Never take your pulse for granted again." and "Everyday is a funeral, and I'm not afraid of being alone." and some lyrics from "...From Getting Burned"; "Everything that you ever loved will be taken away the moment you shut your eyes."

...and etc... -- Okay, I think i made my point. Now, I am NOT trashing the band in any way. I am just telling you their style and what they sing about. I personally like them, not because of the lyrics, but only because of the actual music. The way they strum their guitars, stop for a sec, and then hammer it quick and repeat strumming. Also, because of the clean vocals singer. I personally like bands they have a very Punk/Post-Hardcore/Heavy Metal/Alternative music sound except the vocals are singing only and they are kind of on a more emotional higher pitched level. Kind of like the band "Broadway." They have that hardcore/punk sound but there is LITTLE screaming and the clean vocals are great. Anyways, yeah, that's what I like about them.

Okay, check em out! ;)

- Josh

No comments: